FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Snake Pit Postponed till further notice!

<<

Lionclaws

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Snake Pit Postponed till further notice!

Troops,

As of this afternoon, I've decided to postpone OPSP till we find an AO whose ownership is not trying to extort money from me nor my sponsors.

Bainbridge Development Coprs., LLC, made myself and my Chief of Staff, Tyler Graybeal sign a contract, only to come up with additional demands as of yesterday morning (Mon. Apr. 23rd) indicating the following:

Good Morning John and Tyler,

A snag in the signing of the agreement for your event in June. On Monday the agreement was presented to the Chair for signature, and after the board as a whole discussed, here is what the board has asked me to present to you as their additional conditions.

1. No more than two people at anytime in any building
2. No one above 1st floor of any building
3. No snipers on the roof of any building
4. No discharge of arms inside buildings
5. No martial activities in any building, treasure seeking only

This is after their legal council who works for the State Prosecutor's Office (as he made a point to let me know that) had initially demanded that we "re-seed grass" after we're done with the event (which we argued and reformulated it to "No use of ATM nor Tracked vehicles allowed in order to preserve the integrity of the terrain). This latest round of drama, in my opinion, maybe the legal council trying to prove his worth to the board by adding these unacceptable demands. At this point, we've decided that they have demonstrated sufficient ill-will that we rather walk away than risk any potential extortion later.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause, and will continue to keep you posted as we search for a reasonable AO.

We'll begin processing Paypal refunds right away.
<<

Balnk

major

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Snake Pit Postponed till further notice!

That's Maryland for ya!

Welcome to the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland. Full of lawyers and self appointed dictators.
OP:IreneVI - Rangers
OP:IreneVII - Rangers
OP:IreneVIII - Rangers
OP:NW IV - Rangers
OP:NW V - FOX
OP:NW VI - Russians
OP:Northern Light - Rangers
OP:Lightning Strike 09,11,12- Rangers
OP:RSE 2012 - Rangers
<<

Simpleboo

soldier

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:21 pm

No. 5 Is my favorite. Us airsofters and our treasure seeking.
<<

Sinister

corporal

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 pm

I totally agree with you John.
It's better to walk away than deal with people that go back on a deal and try to change it.
Out of the 11 years of amazing airsoft events that you have put together, has their ever been an issue with any of these things???? ....
Nope, didn't think so.
That is why we sign waivers. If their legal team was worth anything they would have spent the time making sure the waiver was in order; not ruining the event for the host, OLCMSS and participants
1st Battalion 9th Marines

LCX B Co. 4th Platoon
LCXI B Co. 4th Platoon Squad Sgt.
LCXII B Co. 1st Platoon Lt.
<<

JakeBworth

soldier

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:39 pm

So disappointing. This was going to be my first Lions Claw event. Hopefully they can work it out or reschedule at another place on the East Coast.
<<

Shamrock

soldier

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:59 pm

This really sucks!!! Well, Op:Northern Light, here we come!!
<<

Tobias Reaper

lieutenant

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Wow way to go Maryland! This stupid state and its greed, Well I guess I gotta make it count at Red Storm East!
Tobias Reaper

OP:NW IV Rangers 1/1
OP:NW V Fox 3/2
OP:NW VI Russians 1/1
OP:LS I Rangers 1/2
OP:I VI Rangers 3/3
OP:I VII Rangers 4/3
OP:I VIII Rangers 1/2

"Theres no hunting like the hunting of man"(Ernest Hemingway)
<<

bigaltes

sergeant

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Just do more events in the Midwest, screw the east coast (no offense to the people, but you get what you vote for)
<<

Tcrompton3

soldier

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 pm

I would suggest trying to reorganize just down in Northern VA, we're much more liberal with gun laws here, besides, terrain is about the same and I am sure there has to be SOMEwhere that is good.
<<

ericfine50

soldier

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Do refunds include your initial 60 dollar payment?
Thanks
Eric

Lionclaws wrote:Troops,

As of this afternoon, I've decided to postpone OPSP till we find an AO whose ownership is not trying to extort money from me nor my sponsors.

Bainbridge Development Coprs., LLC, made myself and my Chief of Staff, Tyler Graybeal sign a contract, only to come up with additional demands as of yesterday morning (Mon. Apr. 23rd) indicating the following:

Good Morning John and Tyler,

A snag in the signing of the agreement for your event in June. On Monday the agreement was presented to the Chair for signature, and after the board as a whole discussed, here is what the board has asked me to present to you as their additional conditions.

1. No more than two people at anytime in any building
2. No one above 1st floor of any building
3. No snipers on the roof of any building
4. No discharge of arms inside buildings
5. No martial activities in any building, treasure seeking only

This is after their legal council who works for the State Prosecutor's Office (as he made a point to let me know that) had initially demanded that we "re-seed grass" after we're done with the event (which we argued and reformulated it to "No use of ATM nor Tracked vehicles allowed in order to preserve the integrity of the terrain). This latest round of drama, in my opinion, maybe the legal council trying to prove his worth to the board by adding these unacceptable demands. At this point, we've decided that they have demonstrated sufficient ill-will that we rather walk away than risk any potential extortion later.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause, and will continue to keep you posted as we search for a reasonable AO.

We'll begin processing Paypal refunds right away.
<<

aaps59

soldier

Post Tue May 01, 2012 5:33 pm

You guys should try and find a AO in NJ or NY, that'd make me a very happy man! Sorry to hear about these troubles
<<

protogenxl

soldier

Post Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I was hoping this would be my first lion claws event. I was poking around Wikipedia today for no reason and I came across this place with development at a standstill the township may be receptive to a game.
<<

markofachamp

soldier

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 am

great move to a place closer to the hudson. MD is closer than buffalo but 4 hours is still along drive
<<

airsoftgijunkie

soldier

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Those demands are completely ridiculous, the buildings here are huge so why should only 2 people be aloud inside. also, half of the fun in airsoft is cqb so the no discharge of arms inside is bs as well. disappointing day for Maryland. :x

Return to Operation Snake Pit Archive