FAQ  •  Login

OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

<<

Hillslam

soldier

Posts: 15

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am

Re: OPI VIII Core Rules Set...2010

clinkman,

Can I get a clarification on whether the M203 foam slugs by http://www.milsimlabs.com will be approved for "nerf rocket" use?

The product link is here:
http://www.milsimlabs.com/foam%20ordance%2040mm.html

They state on the site they've been approved for LC events but I didn't see them listed in the core ruleset post.

----------------------

Second - can you clarify: a M203 or other rocket fired thru an opening of a building (door or window) from outside, while of course observing MEDs - I saw the "YES" answer to this but didn't see the area effects in that building? Is the whole room dead? What constitutes "cover" in the room? Ergo - would a flimsey overturned table be "cover"?

I seem to recall that being done in Irenes past.

---------------------

Lastly - I know we TFR and FF cant, but can the civilians/shadow/insurgents, as in Irene's past - "toss" rockets a short distance ala a hand grenade as a sort of jihad suicide thing? And if so is it the same area effect as a hand grenade? Gotta watch those trickey roleplayers, they are great, they really make the event! :)

---------------------

Looking forward to another great Irene!

Thanks in advance
www.teamstrikers.com
I4, I5, I6, I7, I8, I9 - Delta
NW3 - Echo
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Re: OPI VIII Core Rules Set...2010

Hillslam wrote:clinkman,

Can I get a clarification on whether the M203 foam slugs by http://www.milsimlabs.com will be approved for "nerf rocket" use?

The product link is here:
http://www.milsimlabs.com/foam%20ordance%2040mm.html

They state on the site they've been approved for LC events but I didn't see them listed in the core ruleset post.

----------------------

Second - can you clarify: a M203 or other rocket fired thru an opening of a building (door or window) from outside, while of course observing MEDs - I saw the "YES" answer to this but didn't see the area effects in that building? Is the whole room dead? What constitutes "cover" in the room? Ergo - would a flimsey overturned table be "cover"?

I seem to recall that being done in Irenes past.

---------------------

Lastly - I know we TFR and FF cant, but can the civilians/shadow/insurgents, as in Irene's past - "toss" rockets a short distance ala a hand grenade as a sort of jihad suicide thing? And if so is it the same area effect as a hand grenade? Gotta watch those trickey roleplayers, they are great, they really make the event! :)

---------------------

Looking forward to another great Irene!

Thanks in advance


Hey Hillslam,

I'd be happy to clarify.

The Milsim labs foarm rocket slugs are approved and have the same effect/kill radius as any nerf rocket.

As for a rocket fired into a room (of course observing the 30ft med engagement distance...) DOES kill the whole room, providing that someone is not behind cover. Yes, in the case of an overturned table, that is "hard" cover and that person would not be out. Someone inside a closet, behind a door, any "hard" cover would not be out. Anyone sitting or standing in the room not behind cover WOULD be out. Area affect kill radius for rockets outside is 15ft from where it comes to rest.

The nerf rockets or slugs you listed can NOT be thrown or tossed by hand (as they have been by a few role players in the past) and that will be in their new RP ROE this year. If they are going to drop something like that, it must be a hand grenade (BB firing as in the rules), have an IED, Bomb of some sort, etc...

Good questions, thanks!
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

AFA_Ghosthunter

sergeant

Posts: 60

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Location: Lewisport, Ky

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 am

Re: OPI VIII Core Rules Set...2010

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but are there any restrictions on the use of NVG's by FF?
OP Irene VII / FF 3rd Plt
OP Irene VIII / FF 3rd Plt Sgt
OP Irene IX / FF 2nd Plt Sniper
OPSC FASC 1-1 Squad Sgt.
Op Irene X / Photographer
Op Irene XI / Photographer
kipnelsonphotography@gmail.com
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Re: OPI VIII Core Rules Set...2010

AFA_Ghosthunter wrote:I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but are there any restrictions on the use of NVG's by FF?


Restrictions....no, no restrictions. It is feasible that they could have been "captured" or stolen from UN or US troops in country. If you must use a helmet to mount however, I encourage you to "camoflauge" it by draping a shemagh over it or something if possible.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

AFA_Ghosthunter

sergeant

Posts: 60

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Location: Lewisport, Ky

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: OPI VIII Core Rules Set...2010

clinkman wrote:
AFA_Ghosthunter wrote:I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but are there any restrictions on the use of NVG's by FF?


Restrictions....no, no restrictions. It is feasible that they could have been "captured" or stolen from UN or US troops in country. If you must use a helmet to mount however, I encourage you to "camoflauge" it by draping a shemagh over it or something if possible.



Thanks Clinkman! We have a team member that may bring one, but I don't think it's a helmet mount type.
OP Irene VII / FF 3rd Plt
OP Irene VIII / FF 3rd Plt Sgt
OP Irene IX / FF 2nd Plt Sniper
OPSC FASC 1-1 Squad Sgt.
Op Irene X / Photographer
Op Irene XI / Photographer
kipnelsonphotography@gmail.com
<<

Toadvine

lieutenant

Posts: 107

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Question for Clinkman on grenades:

3-8.1 Escort gas powered, AHG-01 (or subsequent versions), and AI Tornado BB hand grenades are approved for OPI-VIII use (only). Other brands on a case by case basis, please ask.

How about Thunder B grenades?

They're much more common in games now, we use them frequently down here in Texas.

They make a loud BANG, which is fun, and can also propel BBs, about as well as the Airsoft Innovations grenades.

What do you think? Can we bring them, or would you prefer not? We used them at Bulldog and they were a fun addition to the game.
What have you got that a man could drink with just a minimum risk of blindness and death.
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 am

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Toadvine wrote:Question for Clinkman on grenades:

3-8.1 Escort gas powered, AHG-01 (or subsequent versions), and AI Tornado BB hand grenades are approved for OPI-VIII use (only). Other brands on a case by case basis, please ask.

How about Thunder B grenades?

They're much more common in games now, we use them frequently down here in Texas.

They make a loud BANG, which is fun, and can also propel BBs, about as well as the Airsoft Innovations grenades.

What do you think? Can we bring them, or would you prefer not? We used them at Bulldog and they were a fun addition to the game.


TV,

Yes, those are approved and have been used before at Irene....just haven't added them to the list. Thanks for the update nudge :)
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Easy

soldier

Posts: 16

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Question on grenades: Are we only allowed to carry two BB firing grenades, or two grenades regardless if they are BB firing or sound period?
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Sound/distraction device and BB firing are considered separate devices, so you are allowed two distraction and two BB firing at any given time.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Mickey

soldier

Posts: 1

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

I did not see anything regarding smoke grenades. I assume cold burning. What is the rule on smoke grenades and can if we can use them, can I get a list of acceptable ones?
<<

Arkainis

lieutenant

Posts: 112

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Location: New Albany,IN

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 am

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Last year we was only allowed to use cold burning only due to Knox being on Fire Watch. The one's we had is "Sport Smoke" just google them and you will get the site. They are are awesome smoke grenades. Then again MUTC might have different rules that has not been addressed .
OP: Irene VIII FF 2-1 SGT
OP: Northern Light II ROJO Guard 2-2 SGT
OP: Irene IX FF 1st PLT LT
Scouts Out

www.Airsoftlouisville.org

The path to paradise begins in hell
Dante Alighieri
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Smoke grenades must indeed be "cold burning" pull ring type and must only be deployed on "hardball" (hard surfaces such as asphalt, concrete, etc....). Smoke is NOT ALLOWED to be deployed inside of ANY building (not even the rubble buildings where some walls are missing, etc...) as that would be a safety/health hazard. Smoke is to be used OUTSIDE only.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Dragon80

soldier

Posts: 8

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

My question is regarding the Platoon Sniper role. Would the Sniper and Assist be moving with their squad element or separated from them acting as a recon/sniper team on their own?
<<

Arkainis

lieutenant

Posts: 112

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Location: New Albany,IN

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

There is only one sniper element per PLT and its at the discretion of your command if your put into the spot you will be used by the CO and other command elements. We never seen the guys from our SQD last year when they where tasked out to the CO.
OP: Irene VIII FF 2-1 SGT
OP: Northern Light II ROJO Guard 2-2 SGT
OP: Irene IX FF 1st PLT LT
Scouts Out

www.Airsoftlouisville.org

The path to paradise begins in hell
Dante Alighieri
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Posts: 809

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 am

Location: Bowling Green, KY

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: OPI IX Core Rules Set...2011

Dragon80,

It will vary from platoon to platoon denpending on what that particular group is tasked with. I can tell you that there will be some sniper specific missions this year, however it is up to your command's discretion as to who does what job/mission at what time. At times I have seen them moving with their squad/platoon, and others as Arkainis said they have been tasked out to other units or even command itself.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
PreviousNext

Return to Operation Irene™ Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.