FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ROCKETEERS! TO ARMS!

<<

Toadvine

lieutenant

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

ROCKETEERS! TO ARMS!

Howdy.

Bulldog is fast approaching and I want to remind players who like to use rockets - you know who you are! - that rockets will be welcome and crucial for Bulldog.

We will be using vehicles in the game this year. The US/UK side will have the use of Humvees supplied by the USMC.

The Humvees will be a powerful addition to the US/UK side arsenal - but they'll also offer juicy targets to insurgents with rockets!

And, as always, US/UK players can use rockets also.

The WARORD will be sent out soon, and it'll outline things in more detail. But, with this post I hope to jazz up some interest in rockets.

If you have a quality, mil-sim Nerf launcher, bring it!
What have you got that a man could drink with just a minimum risk of blindness and death.
<<

Salami

sergeant

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: ROCKETEERS! TO ARMS!

Even without vehicles in play I can assure you, vortex footballs work wonders in this AO. We've had great success with them in the past and plan to continue to do so.
I play with a toy gun I lovingly call my M4gery ;)
Proud member of the San Antonio Spartans
<<

Toadvine

lieutenant

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Glad to hear it.

I'm looking forward to the op. I think you guys are gonna have a ball. The addition of the vehicles will be a big boost - should be a lot of fun.

I hope you bring lotsa rockets!
What have you got that a man could drink with just a minimum risk of blindness and death.
<<

Dustoff 1

soldier

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm

The rules state only "unmodified" nerf rockets. I have a short M203, and have some Nerf Mini Vortex rockets that have been simply cut down aprox 1 1/2 inch to facilitate use in the short launcher. Would these be considered allowable on the field? I will bring them with me, but I would like to check prior to arriving. Thank you.

Dustoff
<<

Toadvine

lieutenant

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

Cut down Nerf Mini Vortex rockets will be fine.
<<

Toadvine

lieutenant

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 pm

One more addendum -

Due to Nerf rockets being scarce in some places, we will allow foam golfballs:

http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Accessories- ... B000GK7I6S

to be used in place of Nerf rockets in 203 launchers.

These balls are all foam, and have less range than the Nerf rockets.
<<

Necromancer

soldier

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 am

I've actually used these before and they aren't really that bad. I really didn't get a chance to use them in windy conditions, but I think they shoot pretty straight. I think they go as far, if not farther (50-70m). The only thing I was leery about was since they are smaller, they can be harder to find, escpecially in wooded areas, but at $2-3 for a pack of 6...I don't care. I found mine at Walmart in the gold section back when I was looking for my nerfs. I'll be getting a few more now.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails . . . and then asks you not to kill him."
<<

Salami

sergeant

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Family Dollar stores, about 2 bucks a pop, thats where I've had the best luck obtaining the mini Vortex footballs if anyones looking to find some, best of luck.
I play with a toy gun I lovingly call my M4gery ;)
Proud member of the San Antonio Spartans

Return to Operation Bulldog Archive