FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quick PTW question

<<

sniperkiller76

soldier

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Quick PTW question

I would have placed this in the prior PTW thread but it is locked. I understand that the rules state that there may be no spare cylinders at the AO, but my question is if I have 2 PTW's, do I have to share 1 cyl between them or are they allowed to have 1 cyl in each. I am assuming that they would be considered seperate weapons thus each would have it's own, but I just want to make sure.

~Dave
<<

ltcol

sergeant

Posts: 71

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:43 pm

Location: SoCal

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm

spare usually means not inside your PTW

also common sense should point that if you bring a PTW without a cylinder then you cannot chrono it. AEGs that are not chrono'ed will not be allowed on the field.
"..the main thing is making the main thing the main thing.." - Col. Paul Longgrear
<<

deepstaged

captain

Posts: 193

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Post Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 pm

As far as PTW weapons are concerned, game control personnel is still in discussion with 'regulation' in regards to their use in LCVIII.

Not saying that they won't be allowed, but the ease of 'modification' poses a considerable risk in 'less than honorable' players attempting to swap cylinders on field.

Honestly... I would be prepared with a back up, as we may not have an official answer on the PTW weapons until closer to the game date.
<<

Mustang

corporal

Posts: 32

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Post Mon May 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Last year PTWs were spot checked (chrono'ed) on the field during the action. Were any PTW users found to be cheating? Wouldn't this kind of cheating mean immediate ejection from the OP?

It would be a real shame not to be able to use such a terrific weapon at the year's premiere Airsoft event.
<<

xKingSizex

corporal

Posts: 39

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:34 pm

Location: Long Beach, CA

Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:09 am

I don't have a PTW, but is there a way to zip tie the body somehow to ensure the cylinder can't be changed during gameplay? Again, I don't have one, so I'm not familiar with the way they are put together...just trying to think of something that can be done for these guys that have them.
LCV
LCVI
Irene V
LCVII
LCVIII
LCAD I & II
OP Red Storm I
LCIX
IRENE VIII
LCX
IRENE IX
Red Storm II
LCXI
LCXII
Red Storm III
<<

usmcpog

lieutenant

Posts: 138

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:03 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 am

I say get some extra long bright colored zip ties and zip tie the lower and upper together. In fact, this goes for any quick spring replacement AEG such as the SAW or TAR 21 (if they are out by Lion Claws). If a person NEEDS to change out their piston for some reason, they must go to a game control member to have the zip tie cut and once the piston is changed out, the gun must be rechrono'ed. Just my $.02.
Omega Force - We bring unbalance to the force
LC V Task Force Alpha, Marine, 2ndPlt, PltSgt
LC VI Task Force McKnight, Marine , Co1stSgt
LC VIII CoB, 4thPlt, SqdLdr
LC XI CoB, 1stPlt, PltSgt
<<

Mustang

corporal

Posts: 32

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:02 am

PTWs have nothing to do with cheating. If someone is so hellbent on dishonoring himself and the game, I'm sure there are literally dozens of straightforward ways he could do it regardless of the weapon used. I liked the spot checks on the field. Why not randomly chrono any player during the game? The fear of getting caught ought to keep cheating to a minimum.

Your typical PTW owner is a mature, seasoned Airsofter who takes the game seriously and plays responsibly. By my experience, cheaters tend to be punks who hack their weapons and couldn’t afford the $2k for a rifle and mags.

Cheating can happen in any game. Some simply have no honor. Put the best possible measures in place and kick-out those who get caught.
<<

Balnk

major

Posts: 204

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Location: Gamber, MD

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:21 am

Mustang,

Well said and I couldn't agree with your statement more!
OP:IreneVI - Rangers
OP:IreneVII - Rangers
OP:IreneVIII - Rangers
OP:NW IV - Rangers
OP:NW V - FOX
OP:NW VI - Russians
OP:Northern Light - Rangers
OP:Lightning Strike 09,11,12- Rangers
OP:RSE 2012 - Rangers
<<

ThaFlash

major

Posts: 235

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:08 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 10:25 am

Stereotyping someone as being a mature and seasoned airsofter because their expensive gun is just as "effective" as stereotyping someone as more likely to cheat simply because their gun has a quick change spring.
-ThaFlash
<<

Lionclaws

Moderator

Posts: 2183

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Gents,

Each year at SHOT SHOW, PTW maker CLEARLY STATES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND AGIN AND AGAIN that PTW is NOT FOR AIRSOFT GAMES.

I have seen PTW owners cheat with intention to HARM because THEY CAN and some of these immature idiots think it's funny to watch others bleed.

With that said, our staff team in VA (Team Echo) all run with PTWs and they are some of the most honorable bunch you'll ever meet in Airsoft battle.

So, we have two sides of the coin and we have to go with caution....not quick to dismiss PTW obviously but Extreme Caution must be taken against potential issues.

It's not about the AEG, it's about safety.
<<

Mustang

corporal

Posts: 32

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 2:35 pm

ThaFlash wrote:Stereotyping someone as being a mature and seasoned airsofter because their expensive gun is just as "effective" as stereotyping someone as more likely to cheat simply because their gun has a quick change spring.

What? Cheaters are punks - plain and simple. It doesn't have anything to do with the price or capabilities of an AEG. It has everything to do with the player's intention to do harm to others and the game. If you were determined enough, it would be possible to cheat with any AEG, a GBB, or even a springer pistol. How many PTW users were found to be cheating last year?

Like Lionclaws said, it's about safety. When people cheat they create an unsafe environment. So, put measures in place and enforce them. If you are caught with a hot gun, goodbye.
<<

sniperkiller76

soldier

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Post Tue May 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Mustang wrote:PTWs have nothing to do with cheating. If someone is so hellbent on dishonoring himself and the game, I'm sure there are literally dozens of straightforward ways he could do it regardless of the weapon used. I liked the spot checks on the field. Why not randomly chrono any player during the game? The fear of getting caught ought to keep cheating to a minimum.

Your typical PTW owner is a mature, seasoned Airsofter who takes the game seriously and plays responsibly. By my experience, cheaters tend to be punks who hack their weapons and couldn’t afford the $2k for a rifle and mags.

Cheating can happen in any game. Some simply have no honor. Put the best possible measures in place and kick-out those who get caught.


+1

IMO, Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what you do or what gun they have. I personally don't care if I get spot checked every five mins by admin, but if that's what some need to feel 'safe' than so be it. I have been in education and coaching for over a decade now and have seen all types of people and personalities, there just seems to be that element of society who want to skirt the rules or the system. But at the same time, I have seen that the good honest people outnumber the bad 50-1.

This game is based on honor and integrity, and from what I've seen in the airsoft community, we deal with the liers and cheats swiftly and effectively. We are not the sort to see something wrong go on for very long, which I would suspect would happen if someone were on the field trying to cheat and hurt people.
<<

uscmCorps

sergeant

Posts: 72

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:33 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post Thu May 07, 2009 2:01 am

Mustang wrote:
ThaFlash wrote:Stereotyping someone as being a mature and seasoned airsofter because their expensive gun is just as "effective" as stereotyping someone as more likely to cheat simply because their gun has a quick change spring.

What? Cheaters are punks - plain and simple. It doesn't have anything to do with the price or capabilities of an AEG.

If you reread what he said, I think the point that TheFlash was trying to make was simply that you can't judge someone's honor based on the amount of money they spent on a gun, just as you can't judge someone's honor based on the fact that their gun is easy to upgrade with a quick change spring system. Accurate Pregame Chrono'ing and random chrono spot checking is the best way to do it. And no one's gun should be exempt from random spot checking, and that includes that of sponsors.

And the random spot checking should be pretty frequent. I should go through the course of the day with having seen at least 3 random spot checks take place (and if one of those happen to be me, so be it). That'll send out the message that that could easily have been you, so don't be a cheater.

Personally, I'd also like to see more marshalls walking around the field keeping an eye on if players are calling their hits or not. It's an honor game ... yeah I get it. Call your own hits and don't call out others. But it's pretty frustrating calling your own hits, sitting there waiting your five minutes to go back to regen and actually eyewitness BBs bounce off the enemy terminators as they advance on your position. :?
<<

Mustang

corporal

Posts: 32

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Post Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 am

uscmCorps wrote:If you reread what he said, I think the point that TheFlash was trying to make was simply that you can't judge someone's honor based on the amount of money they spent on a gun, just as you can't judge someone's honor based on the fact that their gun is easy to upgrade with a quick change spring system.

Duh...

PTWs aren't the only weapon out there that can be easily modified. Cheaters will cheat using anything. Don't ban the weapon, ban the bad player. I think we are all on the same page here.
<<

Lionclaws

Moderator

Posts: 2183

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm

Post Thu May 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Like my old friend Lenhardt told me once long ago....it's the idiot that hurts people, not the AEG. So our focus will on people and spot check them :wink:
Next

Return to Operation Lion Claws Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.