FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

King Arms VN Mid Cap mags experiences?

<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am

King Arms VN Mid Cap mags experiences?

I'm looking to pick up some VN mid cap mags for the event. Right now, I'm considering King Arms 85rd mid caps and was wondering if anyone would mind relating any experiences they have had with this particular brand and model. Also, if there are better options out there, would you mind pointing them out as well. Thanks much for any help in advance.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

thedude

soldier

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm

I just purchased those and they fit nicely in my marui m16a1. My friend told me that he can only fit about 60 rounds or so in them before they split apart. He superglued them and they work fine he says. He also said to spray the insides with silicone, I also read that in another forum. They have a nice flat black look and feed well. Just be carefull how many bb's you load in them. A good deal all in all for the price.
<<

BB Magnet

captain

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:44 pm

My son and I have some G&P "short" mags, but we have found that the TM 80 round short mags seem to work great. I have not yet tried King Arms.

The interesting thing is that I had trouble with both the TM and G&P mags until I STOPPED putting silicone in them and actually took them all apart and cleaned out the silicone. It seemed that silicone attracts dirt which them caused misfeeds. I keep the TM's clean and dry and no worries.
John "BB Magnet" Lenhardt
LC I, LC II, LC III, LC IV, LC V, LC VI, LC VII, LC XII
-------------------------------
The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks much thedude and BB, great info! I have a number of TM standards that I have used for years with little problem but wanted to get the shorter VN mags if possible. I haven't seen any of the TM VN standards in a while (if ever) in our most local shop, will take a look around online to see who still carries them in stock as a possibility. I'm afraid though cost wise the TM's may not measure up (though I would prefer them) if the King Arms work well enough. Again, I appreciate the help, thanks much.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

ALPHAWOLF

corporal

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:03 pm

I have the King arms shorty's (VN) and I love them. Took em to Master Recondo didnt have a single problem with them, in fact they are the best mags I have right now for my m16vn
The REGIMENT

Op LC 5 Alpha Rangers
Op HB3 Special Forces
Op LCCAD Tribe 2
Op LC6 Tribe Longgrear
Op HB4 NVA

LEADERSHIP IS ACTION, NOT POSITION
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks Alpha...will pick up some and try them out. May still pick up some TM's as well at a later point.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

AaronHorrocks

sergeant

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:50 pm

I had 6 G&P VN slant mags and sold all of them as a few had feeding problems.

I bought several TM VN slant mags, have NEVER taken them apart or lubed them and they work perfectly. The TM ones are great mags and I highly recommend them

I should note that I'm using them in a TM M16A2 that had the full G&P Vietnam conversion done. (Metal body, front end, stock, grip)
- Aaron
LC2: Bravo Company
LC3: Shadow APC Gunner / Staff Driver
LC4: Shadow Grenadier / Jeep Driver
LC7: Staff Grenadier / Jeep Driver
HB4: US 2nd Squad Leader
LCAD07 & 7.5: Soviet VDV!
<<

Argent_Intel

soldier

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:39 am

IMHO

King Arms Short (20rd) VN Mags (plastic type) are hands down the BEST feeding mags I have ever used in my XM-177 / M-16A1/ M4 Platforms (G&P, Systema, Hurricane and CA metal Bodies all w/ Prometheus Tight Bores)... they FAR out perform and fit better than my TM standards... (that I do lube and clean)

I have roughly 16 TM VN standards that I would gladly sell !
"PAMWE CHETE"
AXF / AAR / SITREP Member
LC III Shadow Squad Mortar Team
LC IV Bravo 1st Platoon "Hammond's Hooligans"
LC V Alpha QRF / Staff / Ref
LC VI Insurgent Staff Roleplayer
OP Irene III, IV Delta 2nd Platoon "Hammond's Hooligans"
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 am

Thanks to all for the help, very much appreciated. Your advice will help make my first serious trip into VN Milsim a less frustrating one equipment wise. I have two boxes of the KA's on order for use at the event...and I'll bring my TM standards along as back up. Hope to meet/see you all there and thank you in person. The event is coming up "mos' riky tik".... :D
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

REMF

corporal

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:50 pm

M16 Mags

I saw comments about the nice flat black finish. In truth to be completely authentic you may want to spray paint your mags with a "aluminizer paint" and then coat with a sealant. This will naturally dull with age and provide you with a period correct appearance. In the Vietnam era the magazines wre not flat black as they are now.

Clearly this is beyond anything required just a nice touch you might want to consider.
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:32 pm

The subtlety and depth of getting everything correct is challenging, but great! I'm learning new things all the time, but I'm sure it will take me some time to get a truly authentic impression together. That's a great idea on the mags, not sure I'll have the chance to get it done before this event though. Something to work on before the next one. :)
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS

Return to Operation Hac Bao Archive