FAQ  •  Login

Thanks to everyone involved

<<

Vince

captain

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:33 pm

Thanks to everyone involved

We're on the way home back to Phoenix, AZ now with a great, successful, safe OP behind us, but none of it would have been possible without JOHN LU (everyone!) :mrgreen:

Seriously, thanks for another great op, but also thanks to SGTs Ryan and Miller, truly hard individuals and American heroes.

Oh, last but not least, the staff (the stuff). Thanks to Darin, Dee, and everyone else's name who I don't know for running a successful, smooth and safe op.

I had a blast.

See y'all at the OPLC fun day.

Black 5
<<

caveboy

corporal

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:04 pm

Truely an awsome event.. I think this event will be talked about as much as Night Scorpion...
Thanks again guys...
Caveboy out "untill OPNS2"
"Only The Strong Survive"
OP NS I, II
OP BD I, II
OP Irene V
<<

agricus

soldier

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks to everyone. I really enjoy the op and enjoy the opportunity to participate in the psycological warfare even though it didn't do anything..hahahaha
Agricus
Airsoftadvance.com
OPBD
<<

Revsm

soldier

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:41 am

Thanks everyone, I had a blast! There were some real cool and honorable guys out there on the green team. Hit calling was excellent from what I saw and we even had a successful parlay (that still ended up with me getting capped) :oops: but it was as safe and smooth as possible. Sorry I didn't catch your name man, but good job.

I hope we get invited back next year!
OPNS I: Hotel Co.
OPI4: Delta Co.
OPBD: Insurgent
OPI5: Delta Co.
OPBD2 Insurgent Tribal Leader
OPBD3: Insurgent
OPBD4
OPBD5
<<

kken

sergeant

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 am

durka durka!

great game guys. loved the size of the player pool and the laid back, just have fun attitude of everyone. glad i traveled for this one. pics will be up when i get home and find the cable! think i have plenty of action shots of both sides.
<<

Valkyrie

sergeant

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 am

I had a LOT of fun. It was absolutely worth the trip from Pittsburgh. Aside from some cheating witnessed on both sides, I've got no complaints.

Thank you, Marines.

Thank you, Rangers.

Thank you, Insurgent Scum.
<<

Mad Irishman

soldier

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 am

I had an amazing time. Completely different MOUT environment than Zussman. Fantastic sportsmanship on both sides. I really hope we can have a Bulldog 2. Thanks to the Mephis guys that ran with us in Tribal 3. Good job guys! It was fun.
<<

Kraut

corporal

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:37 am

This being my first large Op, I had an absolute blast. The MOUT site was deadly for both sides and it made for some very interesting battles.
Here and there I've got my complaints, but it's all good.
I'd like to thank TSgt Ryan for his excellent front-line leadership, Sgt Miller and the insurgents for being worthy foes, all the Allied forces for givin' them hell, the Marines and staff who oversaw (and later joined in) the fight and added the special effects. Last but not least, thank you Mr. Lu for providing a wonderful event with great times! I hope for more in the near future.

PS I forgot, thanks Airsoft Extreme for the $50 gift certificate!
<<

HammerHead

major

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:53 am

From a play perspective, I had a blast. There was a lot of good, hard work and fighting throughout the weekend. Likewise the sportsmanship was outstanding. I particularly recall many a time Saturday afternoon when my shots were questionable at best and someone called a hit. So, thanks to everyone for being so forthright.

From a staff perspective, I appreciate all the support we received on Sunday. While policing EMF, a number of the smoke canisters used in or near buildings had been thrown close to or on the roads by players leaving the area. Likewise, a number of squads spent a few minutes policing the site after pictures. That saved us a lot of time and effort! It didn't go unnoticed and we appreciate your support.
TGL
Whiskey Company

OP:NS1 H0201 | NS2 H0201 | NS3 H0302 | NS4 H0008
OP:BD1 Insurgent 7 Lead | BD2, BD3, BD4, BD5 Chief of Staff
OP:I5 Delta 3 Actual | I6 TFR0403 | I7 TFR:TFD BSM
<<

guardian

soldier

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Outstanding time, I had a great time.(even with a hole in my nose :lol: ) I will be back and make plans for OPNS II. Hope to get invited back for another OPBD.

Props to everyone who put this together.
Semper Fi
The decision is mine.
<<

Matt

soldier

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Had an awsome time thanks!

Would have been perfect had I not broken down almost immediatly after leaving the AO. Ah well, its still under warrenty.

I have the hardest time driving to Lionclaws events. I got a speeding ticket at NS, I blew a tire at Irene, and I either cracked the engine block or blew a a piston head on my way back from this one. Either way you've killed my car, thanks for giving me great places to do it. :wink:
<<

AustinWolv

major

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:15 pm

First of all, thanks to all that showed up and skirmished hard, but most importantly with sportsmanship and honesty.

Second, a big thanks to all the people who stepped up to help police the EMF site on Sunday at the end of the day. It helped the staff greatly in saving time and having more eyes all over made the job more complete.

Third, it was nice to meet a lot of different people, and it was fun to see people get creative and have fun with playing roles.

My fundamental desires were for people to have fun, come out uninjured, and walk away pleased in regards to sportsmanship/honest gameplay. From the feedback I've gotten and seen, it appears that occurred. Obviously I cannot speak for or know everyone's experience, but I received more positive feedback regarding sportsmanship and honest hit-calling than complaints. Compared to other events I've been to, that is a good sign as historically people focus on the negative, as one hears of all the problems but seldom the good. As always for airsoft to work, it is the responsibility of each of us to police each other to ensure quality of gameplay is maintained.

While most things went right and it was truly an unique experience, I left feeling that the event could have been a knockout with some simple improvements which the staff will be discussing with John.

The medic rules, medic strips, magazine rules, location, IEDs, and quality people were all positives in my opinion. In addition, the original intent of the scenarios were on-track, so we all learned lessons to make things better next time.

With my name attached to something, I want that something to be done right and accurately, and that wasn't always the case for OPBD, several times for things out of my control which proved frustrating.

Many elements of the event did appear to go right while others were not satisfactory in my opinion, but in order to make the event truly special, constructive criticism is indeed extremely valuable and crucial to make things better at not only this event, but others also.

Getting access to the Bulldog location was a special thing, so let's keep it that way.

Thanks to all for being a part of a great event and hopefully one that can occur again with improved aspects.
Wolv
Whiskey Company
OPNS: Chief of Staff/H-Co. 0101 SGT|NS2: H-Co. 0201|NS3: Chief of Staff/H-Co. 0302|NS4: Chief of Staff
OPI4: Delta Co. 0302|I6: TFR 0403|I7: TFR QRF
OPBD: Chief of Staff|BD2: T1-V2/Staff|BD3: Staff|BD4: Staff
<<

guardian

soldier

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:54 pm

Austin Wolv, you and the staff that worked so hard are to be commended ; job well done. Hopefully we can return to site next year and continue the fight.
Semper Fi
The decision is mine.
<<

Doc Hollywood

general (*)

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Hua that!
<<

Longshanks

lieutenant

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:17 pm

Staff did a FANTASTIC job Austin! Everything from chrono (the fastest I've ever experienced) to game admin was some of the best I've ever seen.

Take a bow - you truly earned it!

Longshanks out.

OP: LCVI Warlord Miller Tribe XO
Next

Return to Operation Bulldog Archive