General Rule Clarification Questions?

Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's The Ohio Project
Hammer1
corporal

General Rule Clarification Questions?

Post by Hammer1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:02 am

Received the WARNORD and unless I just missed it, I did not see any information as to the use of "Knife Kills".

Will this be allowed and if so, what are the rules on its use?

Thank you.

CigarSmoke
soldier

Re: General Rule Clarification Questions?

Post by CigarSmoke » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:08 am

If you read the Important Notes thread, you'll see the Bang Bang rule has been removed. All replicas will be under 1.55 joules, so all minimum engagement limits will be arms length as per the rules. (Rule states 0 Feet)

OLCMSS has never really promoted the use of a training knife, as people tend to get stupid with them.

Hammer1
corporal

Post by Hammer1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

I did read that, but "Knike Kill" and "Bang Bang" are two completely different methods of kill. I also understand that there might be some that could lean towards the stupid side of training knife use, but "Knife Kill" was used at the Milwaukee, OH L.C. mall game (Lightening Strike).

Just trying to cover the bases and ask these types of questions up front.

CigarSmoke
soldier

Post by CigarSmoke » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:55 am

Hammer1 wrote:I did read that, but "Knike Kill" and "Bang Bang" are two completely different methods of kill. I also understand that there might be some that could lean towards the stupid side of training knife use, but "Knife Kill" was used at the Milwaukee, OH L.C. mall game (Lightening Strike).

Just trying to cover the bases and ask these types of questions up front.
From the Field Combat Rules

2.4 At NO time should any player ever touch another player from an opposing team with his own person or any handheld object (e.g. no knife kills)

Hammer1
corporal

Post by Hammer1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 am

That is all you had to show me up front CigarSmoke, not a statement that sounded like your opinion.

No "Knife Kills" it is.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/fieldcombatrules.php

In the very next rule on that page:

"2.5.1 If a player is hit ANYWHERE: you.re wounded. Gun and gear hits count."

This rule has been altered according to the latest WarnOrd, besause it states "B. Gun hits DO NOT count."

With this said there are obviously standard rules alterations, thus my initial question. Without the "Bang Bang" for those close encounters I was wondering if the "Knife Kill" was available. With no method to kill the Opfor, but with a BB shot even at close range, I was wondering if any options were left.
Last edited by Hammer1 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CigarSmoke
soldier

Post by CigarSmoke » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

Hammer1 wrote:That is all you had to show me up front CigarSmoke, not a statement that sounded like your opinion.

No "Kinfe Kills" it is.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/fieldcombatrules.php

In the very next rule on that page:

"2.5.1 If a player is hit ANYWHERE: you.re wounded. Gun and gear hits count."

This rule has been altered according to the latest WarnOrd, besause it states "B. Gun hits DO NOT count."

With this said there are obviously standard rules alterations, thus my initial question. Without the "Bang Bang" for those close encounters I was wondering if the "Knife Kill" was available. With no method to kill the Opfor, but with a BB shot even at close range, I was wondering if any options were left.
Sorry for having an opinion attached to the knife rule, but it comes from seeing people do some very stupid things with training knives while hosting games. I haven't been to an LC op that allowed training knives to be used (Northern Lights or Lightning Strike), and every LC op has stated no Physical Contact in the morning safety briefing.

We'll see what Greg has to say on the matter for final ruling.

Hammer1
corporal

Post by Hammer1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 am

CigarSmoke wrote:We'll see what Greg has to say on the matter for final ruling.
That works for me, no offense taken.

Endgame
soldier

Post by Endgame » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

The way that I have seen this both on the forum and on the Facebook page are these three things:

1. No Bang Bang - You better shoot him or they better shoot you.

2. No Parlay - See #1

3. No Knife Kills - People have been getting stupid with this one. Heard about a guy who was actually cut by a training knife. Don't really know how that happens, but it happened. Worse comes to worse, tap the guy on the shoulder and say "Knife Kill". If they don't take it, call a ref. Simple.

Admittedly, this is all from the perspective that I have from the given ruleset.

GregBrothers
colonel

Post by GregBrothers » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 am

Gun hits dont count is the rule ........... thanks for finding that

I love knife kills but we have found that the 5% cant handle a simple tap and need to hurt people so no knife kills

Greg
Greg Brothers
Director of East Coast Operations
COS NL 1, 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
COS RSE 1,2,3
COS Sharhazad 1, 2
COS LS 5
COS Lions pride
COS Liberty
COS Swift Justice
AOS LS 3, 4 , Irene 12
and prob some other ops i forget them all

Hammer1
corporal

Post by Hammer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks for the clarification Greg.

Return to “The Ohio Project - Military Simulation War Game Exercise with Airsoft weapons”