HPA guns

Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's Operation Lion Claws
Sprout
soldier

HPA guns

Post by Sprout »

There is a new regulator from Wolverine Airsoft called the Storm in grip regulator. This regulator will not be allowed for now until we can come up with a way to lock this regulator down without disassembling the regulator.
Last edited by Sprout on Tue May 24, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ferret"
OLCMSS SoCal Chrono Marshal
LCXI, LCXII, LCXIII,
WOA2,3, RS3
2x 2nd ID Korea
EIB

TechBriz
soldier

Re: HPA guns

Post by TechBriz »

Think you meant to say will NOT be allowed.
6SOG
SoCal Chrono Staff

RS-III
LC XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX
K2 '17
R131 '17
and many 1 day ops

Sprout
soldier

Post by Sprout »

TechBriz wrote:Think you meant to say will NOT be allowed.
Thanks for the catch. Damn fat fingers.
"Ferret"
LCXI, LCXII, LCXIII,
WOA2,3, RS3
2x 2nd ID Korea
EIB

jmjensen99
soldier

Post by jmjensen99 »

Rich Lort's new informational video on the In-Grip Reg. Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQdR7FAImo

Sprout
soldier

Post by Sprout »

jmjensen99 wrote:Rich Lort's new informational video on the In-Grip Reg. Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQdR7FAImo
The draw back of this is that you have to take the regulator off of the gun to apply the tournament lock and you must do the same to verify the tournament lock.
"Ferret"
LCXI, LCXII, LCXIII,
WOA2,3, RS3
2x 2nd ID Korea
EIB

jmjensen99
soldier

Post by jmjensen99 »

The regulator can only be taken apart and adjusted by the screws that would be under the tape. The pressure will be the same if you take the reg on or off 100 times. I have found an alternative to using the in-grip reg for this event but there are others who may have these as well so just trying to clear up any issues for others. This is a new product on the market but offers the same amount of security as other regulators used for polar stars. Anyone can take off a zip tie easy enough and adjust the pressure just as with the in grip reg. With the tamper proof tape at least you can easily see if something has been tampered with. I will gladly give LC my removal tool if they would like it for their own use if needed.

Kalish
soldier

Post by Kalish »

I figure I will bump this question back up for 2017. Wolverine in grip and the newer Wraith stock, both of which would likely require a tamper evident tape to seal them. Will they be allowed this year?

The wraith stock would be easier than the in grip as it could be sealed and checked just by moving/removing the stock on an M4.

Sprout
soldier

Post by Sprout »

Kalish wrote:I figure I will bump this question back up for 2017. Wolverine in grip and the newer Wraith stock, both of which would likely require a tamper evident tape to seal them. Will they be allowed this year?

The wraith stock would be easier than the in grip as it could be sealed and checked just by moving/removing the stock on an M4.
After looking into how the Wraith installs I am concerned that if we put a sticker seal over the regulator adjustment hole, every time you slide the stock to change the Co2 cartridge it will finally destroy the seal over the hole. Unfortunately we don't have any way of testing this. I would be willing to work with you on how to lock this down. Again I can not guarantee this will work.
"Ferret"
LCXI, LCXII, LCXIII,
WOA2,3, RS3
2x 2nd ID Korea
EIB