FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Under Age Players

<<

babiblue202

soldier

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Under Age Players

Ok, so I am 13 years old and I wanted to make it out to Operation: Route 66. I wanted to know, are there any special rules or things that I have to do?
Thanks
~Luis from GALAXY Airsoft

ANSWER
1. Find a Veteran player willing to vouch for you
2. Complete the Minor release form and send to John Lu prior to the event, Bring original with you.
<<

Vanilla Thunder

soldier

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: Under Age Players

All minors MUST submit a Parental Consent Form in addition to having an adult OPLC series alumni vouching for you.
-enlist page

This is from the enlistment page on the Route 66 op. You fill out and send in the parental consent form. Then, you get someone that has played in a Lion Claws event before to explain why you should be able to come to this event. I have not been here long but that is what I get from it.
Regardless of the situatuion, no matter how hopeless the outcome may be, I will never quit, and I will never back down. Become the wolf.
<<

babiblue202

soldier

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Oh ok, so im screwed then :/ no one that i know has gone to a Lion Claws event
<<

babiblue202

soldier

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Wait, what if a parent comes along and is in the game? A parent meaning = My dad :)

ANSWER
Minor players require both steps to be fulfilled.
1. An Adult OPLCMSS Veteran MUST vouch for you.
2. Either you must attend with a parent , or you must find someone (an Adult) to act as GUARDIAN for the event and submit the Minor Release Form

SHADOWSWORD6
<<

Pionier

soldier

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Does the OPLCMSS Veteran who vouches for a a minor has to be on site or is a letter or email from the Veteran enough?

ANSWER...UPDATED
The Veteran MUST not only be on site but is responsible for you ON and OFF the field. In the event you are attending without a parent, they act as your guardian.
In other words you are assigned to them for the duration of the event. Preferably you and the Vet will be assigned to the same squad.
EXCEPTION... If you are attending with a parent the Veteran player need not be registered and assigned to the same force or squad
SHADOWSWORD6
<<

Harbing3r

major

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm

They have to be at the op. When they vouch for you, that means they are legally responsible for you and your actions during the duration of the op.
LCVII, LCVIII, LCIX, LCX, LCXI, LCXII, RSII, RSIII, R66, WoA, NH, ABCE
<<

moab5000

soldier

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Does the lion claws vet have to stay with you during the game, or do you even have to see them while at the event? please and thank you for an answer.

ANSWER
When a person vouches for you they also take responsibility for you. You are assigned to a squad TOGETHER. If for example you commit a rules infraction that would result in your expulsion from the event. You BOTH go home. This is not something to take lightly for either of you. There is a reason these events are for players 18 and older. This is not your average 1 day pick-up type game with multiple breaks. This is a weekend, overnight camping event 30 miles from the nearest town.
SHADOWSWORD6

Return to Operation Route 66 CA Archive