FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LCAD will re-schedule and a quick THANK YOU

<<

Lionclaws

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:29 pm

LCAD will re-schedule and a quick THANK YOU

I wanted to thank all who took part in the attempt to save Steve on Dec. 8th.

Dec. 8th brought out HEROES in many CLS and EMT among us.

Ken Little and Andrew Christou were the first ones on site who noticed something was SERIOUSLY WRONG and started CPR on Steve right away.

There was Ed Morlan, Joe Hulog, Guy Ayal, John Sanna (that's right, owner of Sanna Ranch where we do Hac Bao), Ricky (Sanna) Stoner, Brad Aston, Timothy Reynolds, among several others whose names I didn't catch (and please DO let me know, PLEASE). You men dropped everything around you and focused on saving a friend in need. I saw the line you formed to give CPR (our own Sgt. Kenn "War Lord" Miller among them), one following another. I saw you breath into Steve's mouth; you didn't quit even when he vomited back up. Tom Watson and Sasha HSUCZKY were also quick to contacted 911 emergency.

I'm honored and humbled to be able to associate myself with you men.

While we want to take care of our fallen friend, I won't forget all of you who kneel as group to have a moment of silence.

I'll make arrangement with the property ownership and re-schedule LCAD 2007, even if it has to be in Spring 2008.........we will not let Steve die in vain.

Of course, there will be no additional fee for those of you who are on the ROSTER to attend the re-schedule LCAD 2007.

Dec. 8th was a tragic day, but it also proved that our community has class.
THANK YOU!!

John
Last edited by Lionclaws on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

crf50nut85

corporal

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Perhaps we could hold all future LCAD's in Steve's honor and have the proceeds go towards some sort of charity?
Warrior for the Glorious Warlord Miller
Soldier for Mother Russia
We will never forget Steve Holtgrefe; RIP 12-08-2007
BCo for LIFE!!!
<<

ALPHAWOLF

corporal

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:38 pm

GREAT IDEA!
Last edited by ALPHAWOLF on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The REGIMENT

Op LC 5 Alpha Rangers
Op HB3 Special Forces
Op LCCAD Tribe 2
Op LC6 Tribe Longgrear
Op HB4 NVA

LEADERSHIP IS ACTION, NOT POSITION
<<

Lionclaws

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:15 pm

One step at a time guys.....there's already a guy complaining bitterly and demanding "compensation" for not being able to finish the game, and claimed that it was my "business decision" to short change everyone.......however, he never spoke up at the AO.

Priority #ONE, for now, is obtaining Steve's memorial service date/time for all who wish to attend. A check in the amount of $4,000.00 will be given to Steve's mother at the memorial service (from all of us/you at LCAD).

One step at a time......
<<

Xanthais

major

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 am

Lionclaws wrote:there's already a guy complaining bitterly and demanding "compensation" for not being able to finish the game, and claimed that it was my "business decision" to short change everyone

I'd love to know who this is. :evil:
~Xan
LC: III (BCO)
LC: IV (BCO)
Irene: III (DCO)
LC: V (BCO QRF PSG)
LC: ADI (OPFOR)
LC: VI (Tribe Longgrear)
LC: VII (2CO, Mountain)
LC: X (BCO 2nd PLT)

http://www.gorillapack.com
<<

ALPHAWOLF

corporal

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:47 am

Yes post his name and let us "educate" him..a little wall to wall counselling...

What an ass!
The REGIMENT

Op LC 5 Alpha Rangers
Op HB3 Special Forces
Op LCCAD Tribe 2
Op LC6 Tribe Longgrear
Op HB4 NVA

LEADERSHIP IS ACTION, NOT POSITION
<<

Bobevans

soldier

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:41 am

Ive only been on these forums for a short while and i dont really know you guys but i think its really nice of you guys for doing this for his family
<<

Lurch

captain

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:15 am

John, I was Bravo Allied 1st platoon Sgt. at LCAD this weekend. I put in my comments that my guys and I wanted to end the event early when I was asked at the command briefing. If the gentleman in question has a problem with my decision, Please have him contact me directly. My team and I were not willing to continue playing for the rest of the day because we felt it would have been a dishonor to Steve (whom two of my guys personally performed CPR on) to continue on like nothing had happened. I am completely comfortable defending my decision to anyone. If the gentleman in question is reading this, my E-mail is fat.lurch@gmail.com.

On a side note, I would like to put in my thanks and commendation to Eclipse, who in a time of crisis was able to keep his cool and control the situation. I don't think anyone could ever expect to be thrust into a situation this weekend like Eclipse was. Thank you Eclipse for your professionalism.

Thanks
Last edited by Lurch on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LC Staff

TSOG
Remain Tactical.
http://www.remaintactical.com/
<<

Eclipse

colonel

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:55 am

Thank you Lurch for your comments, and thank you to everyone for your help, understanding, and cooperation during a very rough day.

I did not know Steve well, but the few conversations I had with him over the years were always pleasant and I do recall his trademark smile that others who knew him better speak of. The old cliche "only the good die young" seems to have been true in this case.

Lionclaws wrote:there's already a guy complaining bitterly and demanding "compensation" for not being able to finish the game, and claimed that it was my "business decision" to short change everyone

I asked the input of all the senior leadership for both sides on the overall spirit of the players and their desire to continue the game. So as not to sway anyone's opinion both John and I heard what they had to say before either of us spoke on the matter. It was unanimous that we should call the game early.

If the individual John indicated above would like his money back, I will personally refund it to him in exchange for this "person" never being allowed to attend another BoUSA or SJG event again. We are better off without selfish and dishonorable individuals of this sort.
Last edited by Eclipse on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------
"Who Dares, Wins"
<<

Apple Jacks

soldier

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:32 am

Eclipse wrote:If the individual John indicated above would like his money back, I will personally refund it to him in exchange for this "person" never being allowed to attend another BoUSA or SJG event again. We are better off without selfish and dishonorable individuals of this sort.

If you get a taker on this, Chris, let me know. I'll go 50/50 with you on it.

We all talk about playing airsoft in memory of those who have had to live through the pain and agony of war for real ... of bullets snapping over their heads, having to pull the trigger on a fellow human-being, and having to watch their brothers die on the battlefield.

For someone to abandon that spirit when one of our own was down is completely unacceptable. We'd all be a little better off if everyone would just be ok with giving a little.

To the majority of you, who had the utmost respect and reverance for this trying situation, thanks and kudos to you ... it was a sight to see and experience your respect and kindness.
<<

Lurch

captain

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 am

Guys, we're all frustrated by the actions of a few, but let's not get wrapped around the axle about the actions of an idiot or two. Never assume malice when stupidiy will suffice. If this continues to be a problem, it will be handled offline in an appropriate way.

Thanks
LC Staff

TSOG
Remain Tactical.
http://www.remaintactical.com/
<<

Lionclaws

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 am

Lurch made a GOOD POINT. Like I said earlier, PRIORITY ONE, let's focus on the family and Steve's memorial service this Friday (time TBA).

This thread will be locked. Thanks for your understanding guys.

Return to Appreciation Day and One Day Events Archive