FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quick PTW question

<<

uscmCorps

sergeant

Post Fri May 08, 2009 2:50 am

Mustang wrote:Duh...

PTWs aren't the only weapon out there that can be easily modified. Cheaters will cheat using anything. Don't ban the weapon, ban the bad player. I think we are all on the same page here.

So wait ... are you agreeing with us or disagreeing with us? Because the content of your response says you're in agreement but the tone says otherwise. Or are you just being difficult for the sake of it? :wink:
<<

Mustang

corporal

Post Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 am

Why don't you stop by The Roughneck compound and we can talk about how much cheaters suck over a beer? Wear that skull mask or I won't recognize you.
<<

Apannek

sergeant

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

Mustang wrote: Wear that skull mask or I won't recognize you.

LMFAO. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LCVI - FTL 3/2 USMC
LCVII - Echo Squad, Desert Recon
OPI VI - Freedom Fighters 2/4
LCVIII - Alpha 4/1 Recon
LCAD '09 - Rangers
OPRS I - Russians Red3
LCIX - Alpha 4/2 SF
LCX - Alpha Marines 3/1
LCXI - SL Alpha 4/1
<<

ThaFlash

major

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:18 am

And you'll wear a sheet of green paper over your face?

8)
-ThaFlash
<<

Jackmonkey

soldier

Post Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 am

Last year, I was spot checked on the field (I don't have a PTW) and after zipping a smooth 386 through the crono, the staff member's eyes got large, and he began to drool a bit at the prospect of discovering a cheater. But after assuring him I was shooting .20s and showing him the rest of the clearly labled bag in my pack, he was satisfied and wished me luck.
A lot of time, we read these forums, and come away with the idea that the game staff are all a bunch of <explitive deleted> people who just love make rules designed to dampen our fun, but in reality they are quite resonable. They coome down hard in the forums to weed out the morons before they get to the event.
<<

ThaFlash

major

Post Sun May 10, 2009 2:05 am

They didn't put .25's in your magazine and make sure?
-ThaFlash
<<

uscmCorps

sergeant

Post Sun May 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Yeah, they shouldn't be testing you with your own ammo. Someone can just as easily take 0.25g BBs and put them in a 0.2g BB Bag. The staffer should take a bag of the event's chrono BBs with them into the field and test with that.
Best of USA OPs Attended:
OP LC VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, Redstorm 1 & 2, NH III, Appreciation Day 1 & 2, Blue Cloud Army Birthday, War of Angels
<<

Jackmonkey

soldier

Post Wed May 20, 2009 1:31 am

I think the point was that they took me on my honor. If someone feels they are unable to preform up to adequate standards without 'cheating', there are more ways than I could ever imagine to get away with it. But that's not why we come out these events. I like to think that we are dealing with a little bit higher class of people at the Lion Claws events ... well, how about a lower class of people holding themselves to a higher standard? Would that be more correct?
<<

uscmCorps

sergeant

Post Wed May 20, 2009 4:49 am

IMHO, you've gotta do everything in your power to make it as difficult to cheat as possible. Glad to hear that you're honest about your approach to the sport, but sadly, there's simply no guarrantee that everyone who attends these OPs have the same sense of honor. If everyone were that honest we wouldn't have to chrono at all and you wouldn't see the occassional high level of frustration in other players when they suspect their opponents may not be calling there hits (but that's another matter). Point is, you can't be sure everyone is 100% honest and therefore everyone must be held to the same strict standards which includes chrono procedure. While you were shooting high but only using 0.2g BBs, someone else could have said the exact same thing but were in fact lying and really using 0.36g BBs.
Best of USA OPs Attended:
OP LC VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, Redstorm 1 & 2, NH III, Appreciation Day 1 & 2, Blue Cloud Army Birthday, War of Angels
Previous

Return to Operation Lion Claws Archive