FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Operation Irene XI (2013)...A Few Important Notes..

<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am

Operation Irene XI (2013)...A Few Important Notes..

A few important and VERY important notes to pass along to all participants and potential participants of Operation Irene XI (2013) this year....

First, this year's event coincides with the actual 20th Anniversary of the actual Operation Gothic Serpent mission in Somalia by Task Force Ranger....it is a very special year and this will be a very special event because of it. Every year has been special to me, but this year in particular stands out for many reasons...the biggest being that it is a time to honor and remember those lost in that mission in 1993 in Somalia, and honor those VIPs that will be with us that did make it back from that mission, and who have chosen to spend that weekend with us. They could be anywhere they wanted, but some of them have chosen to attend Operation Irene this year....to spend a very special time in rememberance with all of you....so do your part and give them the respect and honor they deserve if you attend. Show up on time, be proffessional, and never forget the whole weekend WHY we are there....honor those lost and those who are there with your attention, repsect, proffesionalism, sportsmanship, and good judgement....anything less is not acceptable. More so than any other year, your good behavior, following of rules, sportsmanship, etc...is EXPECTED....not suggested. If you can not or will not do these things, we do not need you, do NOT sign up! Stay home and allow someone that does "get it" to attend in that slot. There will be a ZERO tolerance position by staff to bad behavior, blatant rules violations, poor sportsmanship, etc....Operation Irene STAFF reserves the right to determine what constitutes such an offense, including but not limited to written rules.....do NOT test us, you may find yourself on an early trip home, no refunds, no apologies. We do not care that you "paid" to be there....that does NOT give you the right to make the AO your own, go off and do your "own thing", treat others badly, ignore the chain of command, ignore or break the rules, etc.... Your "paying" to be there entitles you to the "privaledge" to part of this event, to meet and partcipate WITH the VIPs and other likeminded players from around the country, it entitles you to a roster slot on a squad that is expected to follow the chain of command, orders when directed, and courtesy to the VIPS and your fellow players. If this is not what being a "paying" player means to you....DO NOT sign up....that is as plain as I can make it. We DO NOT WANT your entry fee, your money, your time....if you can not follow the rules and participate in the event in the spirit it is intended.

Second, this will "officially" be my last Operation Irene as event Chief of Staff. I have enjoyed meeting so many of you over the years....forming lasting friendships with many of you, and seeing all of you make Irene a truly special event for all of us. It is time to hand over the reins to someone else for future Irene events....there are truly a lot of great people well qualified within the OLCMSS family, as well as many of you out there that can take this event to even greater heights and longevity in the future. I will continue to be a part of the OLCMSS family in various capacities, location scout, event consultant, etc...and I'm sure I will see some of you from time to time at other events (as a player again I hope :)

It has been a great honor for me to serve as the CoS since OPI II (except for last year, when I took the year off) and it has been even more of an honor and privaledge to have been allowed to mold and shape the event over the years to truly be a "tribute" event to honor the real veterans and fallen of Operation Gothic Serpent. I will, and I hope all who have attended Operation Irene over years....never forget their sacrifices.

Thank you to all of you who have made this an incredibly fun journey over the years....hope to see you again this year, and please come by and say hello if you get the chance.
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

AFA_Ghosthunter

sergeant

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 am

Re: Operation Irene XI (2013)...A Few Important Notes..

THANKS for all your hard work over the years Chuck! ;)
OP Irene VII / FF 3rd Plt
OP Irene VIII / FF 3rd Plt Sgt
OP Irene IX / FF 2nd Plt Sniper
OPSC FASC 1-1 Squad Sgt.
Op Irene X / Photographer
Op Irene XI / Photographer
kipnelsonphotography@gmail.com
<<

DraVen

sergeant

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:01 am

As I hope this will be my first OLCMSS event and my first OP IRENE I do fully understand what you are saying and coming from.
Hope to see and speak with you there.
James.
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur
<<

Lionclaws

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:38 am

I said it before and will say it again: "Without my dear brother, friend, Chuck Link, IRENE couldn't have grown so rapidly over the years. Chuck not only elevated IRENE from an Airsoft Op to an Industry Legend, he brought alone many fine current/future OLCMSS CoS such as Jeff Minch and Greg Brothers and etc."

Let's all step up to honor those who served and give Chuck a farewell via an awesome IRENE!!
<<

Rook165

sergeant

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Seeing everything so far that is posted only tells me one thing. . . This is going to be an awesome event! I cannot wait to stand side by side with people that understand the meaning behind this event and are will to conduct themselves with honor and integrity.
"Don't Confuse Good Luck With Good Tactics"
T.R.T.

OPSC I
OPI X
OPRSE II
<<

AFA_Gunny

corporal

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:18 am

Chuck

You were there when I first got into the sport. You have been there ever since, and I am proud to call you a friend. I look forward to seeing you on the field as a fellow shooter. Drive on with the Mission.
OPI V1 - TFR Squad Sgt.
OEF - 10/11
OPI IX - FF Saw Gunner
OP SoCo - FAS 1SG.
OPI X - Delta 1SG.
<<

AFA Zippo

soldier

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you Chuck for all you do. And thank you to everyone who puts in so much time to create an amazing op. A special thanks to the Zussman family that helps us and more importantly helps our troops every day of the year.
Sergeant Major Zippo
Allied Forces Airsoft-Executive Officer
Training Officer
Assault Force
<<

GunDevil-JLS

corporal

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 am

AFA Zippo wrote:Thank you Chuck for all you do. And thank you to everyone who puts in so much time to create an amazing op. A special thanks to the Zussman family that helps us and more importantly helps our troops every day of the year.

Well said. We are going to miss you as Chief of Staff for IRENE. You do an amazing job out there, and are a huge credit to the sport of airsoft. Thank you so much for all the tireless hours over the years of hard work that you have put into this!
THE GUN DEVILS ARE COMING...
<<

loch

soldier

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Chuck, your fine work has been most appreciated. Best to you! Fred & Fred

Return to Operation Irene™ Archive