FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Housing at MUTC 2011 Oct. 22 update

<<

Lionclaws

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

Housing at MUTC 2011 Oct. 22 update

Troops,

While there will be a designated staging/parking area during exercises, camping on-site is still a no-go. However, housing options at MUTC are as followed:

A. Brush Creek Park Inc literally next to MUTC
5480 E County Road 400 N, Butlerville, IN
(812) 458-6969
Shared Showers/Toilets
$25/day a spot for RV
$15/day a tent for up to 4 persons per tent *call if you're in a tent that houses more than four persons, specially if you have a GP tent.

B. On-site barracks: $10/bed/night in Building 15 only. (male only. all based regulations applied) *Bring your own pillow/sheet/blanket/sleeping bag
200 bunks, first come, first served. *Updated Aug. 17, 2011 (shower, bathroom, and etc., Army/dorm style).
PRV rooms for couples/females $25/bed/night (private) *very limited @Will solicit HOUSING via PLATOON chain of command.

C. Local hotel/motels in Butlerville, North Vernon, with much better choices on the other side of the 65 freeway, in Seymour, with larger hotels with restaurants
near-by
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Housing at MUTC 2011 more bunks added !!

Brush Creek Campground website for more info if you intend to camp:

http://www.brushcreekpark.com/home.html
Chuck
Chief of Staff, (retired)
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Sacrifice

sergeant

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Housing at MUTC 2011 Aug. 3rd update

We called the campground with some questions and have not heard any thing back from them as of yet. The website states they will close for the season on Oct 3. I am guessing you have talked with them about Irene weekend. My question is will there still be power, water, shower and restrooms working on site?
DET13 - Cleveland, Ohio
OP:NL2 Lt Ranger Platoon
OP:NL3 2-2 SGT
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Our understanding is that they will still be open....info on their website is old. Sometimes it's hard to get them on the phone...you have to try several times as they are out and about the campground doing things.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Sacrifice

sergeant

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:07 am

Thank you, I will continue to try and contact them.
DET13 - Cleveland, Ohio
<<

WildfireAlpha

soldier

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Housing at MUTC 2011 Aug. 9 update

We have a few girls comming this year. Will there not be housing for them on base?
OP:NL 2010 - Federation 2-1
OP:NL 2011 - Rojo's Guards Sniper Team
OP:LS 2011 - Rangers 1/4, Sgt.
OP:RSE 2012 - Rangers S3
<<

Harvest

corporal

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 pm

On base lodging, woo!
Somewhere out there a true believer is training to kill you.
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 pm

WildfireAlpha wrote:We have a few girls comming this year. Will there not be housing for them on base?

Contact John Lu directly for info about female accomodations on site: bestofusamkt@sbcglobal.net
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

Sacrifice

sergeant

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 am

How close is the camp ground to the event? I have checked maps and cannot really tell. Will we be able to walk to campground in between sessions? Maybe someone that has been on site can shoot me an answer. What will be protocol be for the campground. It is a given NO fire zone, but do we have to keep them (guns) hidden from public eye?
DET13 - Cleveland, Ohio
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Sacrifice wrote:How close is the camp ground to the event? I have checked maps and cannot really tell. Will we be able to walk to campground in between sessions? Maybe someone that has been on site can shoot me an answer. What will be protocol be for the campground. It is a given NO fire zone, but do we have to keep them (guns) hidden from public eye?

Campground property adjoins MUTC, but you can not walk between them as MUTC has a fence around it. It is only a 5 minute drive however at best.

Campground is a separate business and have their own rules, but it is a "no fire" zone and I would not reccomend displaying airsoft weapons or weapons of any kind there, there will likely be other campers there besides some of our particpants. We will have a chrono and test fire area set up near our staging area at the event that you can use on Friday afternoon, and Sat. and Sun. morning and break times.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Photos of the barracks interior of the sleeping areas available mentioned in above posts:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1177975802 ... aKggPjDDw#

Anyone who chooses to stay on site in MUTC facilities is responsible for cleaning up after themselves before they leave. OPI Staff will also be staying in the facility and will monitor behavior and perform inspections from time to time over the course of the weekend to assure things are left in the condition when you leave like they are found when you arrive. When you register for the event, you will have an option to select to stay on site. This will assure you of a bed in the facility. However, beds/room selection is first come, first serve when you arrive on Friday afternoon and check in. AFTER you check in at the staging area, you will be directed to the facility where you may store your gear and bedding.

You are responsible for bringing your own bedding, pillows, bathroom/shower supplies/items, and a lock for your locker should you choose to secure it.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

bishopMP

sergeant

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:14 pm

So the fee for staying in barracks will be collected that Friday, and not at registration when it opens?
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:28 pm

bishopMP wrote:So the fee for staying in barracks will be collected that Friday, and not at registration when it opens?

That's a "Lu" question....not sure how he is collecting it, will email him and ask for clarification.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
<<

bishopMP

sergeant

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I emailed John about when the fee is needed for barracks stay, but I havent received a response.
With TEAM REG tomorrow, did you find anything out, Clinkman?
<<

clinkman

general (**)

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Nope. I think the form just has a spot where you can click you want a bed or not though.
Chuck
Operation Irene
OLCMSS
Next

Return to Operation Irene™ Archive