FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chief of Staff AAR

<<

Doughboy

sergeant

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Chief of Staff AAR

I have no problem lying down to play dead when I am hit but the only reason I don't is that it seems when I always do my camelback leaks all over me and then I have wet pants for the rest of the day and no water. Thats why I will sit in place.
Alpha OPLC IV-V "Cav's Death Heads"
US Rangers OPLC VI
Foxtrot OPND
Russian force OP Red Storm 3
Bravo OPLC VIII, IX, X, XI, XII " The Lost Sheep"
<<

mooch

soldier

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Just wanna thank CJ and his crew for their hard work on the event. We know what it's like trying to run an OP, I think they did the best they could considering the sheer number of players, the AO limitations, etc. We realize that comms (and unfortunately sometimes, honor) starts to break down with this many people. It's generally better to keep it as simple as possible.

The stationary regens can be a good thing. In the past LC's we've done this, plus had roving "Medivac" vehicles to help people back & fourth. Many times in the past I've double-timed back to regen, then on the way back we found ourselves in a rare opportunistic position and were able to get some extra points or just put some hurt on the other guys. The problem I think is players get tired and can't make it back to the regen point. Then when they get there, they sit around for another 10-30 minutes. Well, no offense... but you get out what you put in. PT more and remember that it isn't just about shooting BB's... sometimes it can have a little bit of suck in it too. If you tough it out, you'll feel much better about yourself at the end of a hard weekend, I can guarantee you that.

For this event, we tell our guys that if they got hit, to sit or lie down (in nearest shade and out of the line of fire) and reload mags while waiting for another squadmate to die, then both wait 5 mins (reloading mags, drinking water, and eating a snack), then head back to regen as a buddy team (preferably double time). When they regened they were to pick up any more squad mates at the regen point, radio for our position, then head straight back to us. At least then, they were not wandering around alone and getting lost. It doesn't always work, sometimes just one guy gets hit with a stray round or something, but more often then not it does.

Mobile regens and wound rags can work, but they rely heavily on players being honorable.Some people just pull off their wound rags when they think nobody is looking - we've seen it in past events & on both sides. Also some players (even non-designated medics) simply run up and "tap" their downed team mate and then run off together back in the game. They may think that since they don't see a staff member it's OK. We've also seen mobile regen people moving their regens closer or even taking the regen to the dead players. It's sad, but the more people you get in one place the more of this you'll see. CJ's crew had a ton of staff out there which was good, but It's tough to say if he'd have enough to watch over the mobile regens and medics too.

I would have liked to see more specialized missions, and better intel on them (2nd year in a row we went to the proper location, secured the area, and the intel was nowhere to be found). At least for my squad we are always looking for a challenge so "just go shoot some green guys" doesn't really utilize our specific... talents... :). Maybe next time there will be some better jobs for us to do.

Just my $0.02. All-in-all we had a great time. Thanks again to everyone that made it happen.
Dain "Mooch" Kennison
Hatchet Force
http://hatchetforce.com

De Oppresso Liber
<<

ThaFlash

major

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 pm

mooch wrote: "just go shoot some green guys"

Aside from "find 3 sandbags", that was the most complex mission I heard all weekend.
-ThaFlash
<<

nepenthe

sergeant

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:07 pm

stevemcgee99 wrote:I think people should lie down when dead, or clear out of the area completely. Standing dead is a pet peeve of mine. Especially dead and live standing in the same area.

I'll second that. Had a hard time more than once getting 'standing dead guys' to get out of the way, and ended up shooting a few of them again trying to get live guys behind them. Sorry if that was one of you, but laying down or clearing out a few yards is a good idea.
Also like to second the idea of Hard Regens and White Wound Rags being used together next year. Trying to rescue wounded guys is a fun and challenging part of the game play.
Thanks CJ and all staff for a job well done. Takes a lot of dedication.
John "Phoenix" Bock
Warning: This Veteran is Medicated for your Protection.
<<

ThaFlash

major

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 pm

That's always an issue, it's a balance between gameplay, safety and reality. If you move you can give away the enemy's position. If you stay you can become a hazard and people can use you as a shield. I find people generally do their best to be the least obstructive under the circumstances, except when they're exhausted, then they'll just do what they have the energy to do.
-ThaFlash
<<

animaniacfromhi

sergeant

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:25 pm

I still like the idea of having an EVAC. We've been doing experiments at our games where the medics carries a dice or numbered cards. These cards represent severity of the injury. Low numbers are minimum injury gets a bandage. A middle # is a miss/grazed so no injury and the high numbers is KIA or severe in which a EVAC would be called in. That would be something to consider. In airsoft, it is an honor system. The selected medics for the squads would be responsible for their & their team members action so trying to regulate it even more will require more staff & effort which would take away from the game. I think that the roaming ref's are still necessary & have the power to count people out. If they catch anyone, they can call that person out & points can be deducted from that team. Having X number of bandages assigned per squad and forcing the medic to resupply would make the game more fun and realistic. If we do this type of medic, the 5 minute bleed out would be necessary in the event that there is no medic to bandage the injuried person or the medic has 5 minutes to get to the injuried person in which they can treate the person where they are or drag them to safety to issue the card & treate them appropriately. We've also been doing something like what we call a Medic drag, a non-medic can "drag" or place a hand on the injuried person & take them to the nearest medic. If the person "dragging" the injuried person is hit, then they are a casualty too. If the injuried person is hit again, they're dead and would have to wait the 5 minute bleed out time b4 heading back to the regen location. Hope this would be considered for the next game. Thanks.
Op: LCXI Alpha Co. 4-1; LCXII Alpha Co. 6-4; LCXIII Alpla Co. 2-3.
Previous

Return to Operation Lion Claws Archive